The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

29 July 2015

Party with Jackson

Hi All! Happy Wednesday!!! I hope you're week has gone well so far.

Just wanted to pop in and share another little project that I made for the Creativity Showcase.


These are little "self-closing" party favor boxes that I made using Close To My Heart's fantastic scoring board. (For a video on another project I made with this board, click here.) My inspiration for these boxes came from this YouTube video, but I have no clue who originally came up with this idea.

Here's a close-up look of the Birthday Box:



The box is made from Cocoa cardstock and is layered with Jackson paper. The sentiment is a sneak peek of the August Stamp Of The Month. (Speaking of which, just 2 more days until the Rose Blossoms Blog Hop featuring that stamp set!) I stamped the sentiment on Glacier cardstock in Cocoa and Barn Red inks, and then fussy cut around it.  I added it to the box with dimensional adhesive. To decorate the closure, I layered a piece of zip strip over a piece of Jackson paper and adhered it to the box. The front and back are decorated the same, minus the sentiment.

One of the best features of this box is that, if you don't put adhesive on the bottom, it will fold flat for storage:


That means you can make a bunch of these ahead of time (say for class parties, birthday bashes, thank you gifts...) and store them flat. Then just glue the bottom closed when you're ready to use it. LOVE THAT!

If you want to learn how to make one, join me here on Violets & Sunshine on August 11th for a tutorial!

One last look:


Have a wonderful week, and I'll see you on August 1st for the Rose Blossom Blog Hop!


2 comments:

  1. These were so popular at the showcase. Lovely work. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete