The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

05 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Day 5

Hi All! Happy Wednesday and DAY 5 of the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share. Sorry for the late post, but I finished a project yesterday and decided I wanted to use it today instead of the post I already had. So, I'm changing it up a bit. 

Today's project was inspired by this little treat bag by the very talented Lisa Stenz. I thought the bag was a bit too small for cookies and fudge (the standard teachers' holiday gift at our house), so I created this box instead.



 Using Close To My Heart's Artiste Cricut Cartridge, I cut the box at 5 inches from Cranberry and Black cardstocks. I used the "Happy Holidays" sentiment from the Merry & Bright stamp set, and stamped it in black Stāz-On ink. I added a strip of White Daisy for button plaque, and cut out a heart to make the collar. (I have a punch for that, but you could use the Cricut. You'll want to cut it at about 1 1/4 inches.) After adhering the heart, I trimmed the edges to match the contour of the box. For the belt, I cut the buckle at 1 inch from Slate cardstock using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and then threaded a 5/8-inch wide strip of Black cardstock through. I glued the belt into place and then added the black button brads, spaced evenly between the collar and the belt. I folded everything on the score lines and adhered it with extra strong adhesive. Using Cranberry and Black Exclusive inks, I inked around the edges to cover up any white core that might be showing at the folds and seams. After it was all put together, I added silver stickles (you could use Silver Glitz instead), and let it dry.


Here's a close-up:


What do you think? I thought they came out pretty nifty. I made one for each of my daughter's teachers. (My son has 8 teachers this year. We're still trying to figure out what to do for them.)


I decided to link this up to the challenge over at Cut It Up. (There's some fantastic inspiration over there!) Don't forget to leave a comment below to be entered in the give-away! Now hop on over and visit the fabulously talented Lynn Darda at From My Bungalow to see the wonderful project she has in store.


8 comments:

  1. this is super cute and a great teacher gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this little guy!! Soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable little boxes these are! I love the glittery buckle! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable Christmas boxes! Love how you added the buttons and glitter! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santa boxes are adorable! I love the added glitter on the buckles.
    Thanks for linking your project at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!! I love the triangle box! So fun! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up! :)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so stinkin' cute! Love treat box projects and these are on my "lift list"!

    ReplyDelete