The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

10 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Day 10

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday! Today is DAY 10 of the Kraft-y Hearts 12 Days Blog Share. I hope you're enjoying your visits so far. 

I'm not sure what the technical name for today's project is, but I'm calling them Pop Up Treat Boxes.


These little treat boxes were cut using Close To My Heart's Artiste Cricut cartridge. They are cut at 3 1/2 inches, which is the size the end up being after you put them together. I love the little pop-up mechanism that allows the lid and box to be one piece. Here's a picture of them opened:


CUTE! The boxes were cut from Cranberry and Cocoa cardstocks. I inked around the edges using matching inks. I matted each box with paper from the Pear & Partridge collection, and inked the edges of the paper with Cashmere Exclusive ink. The treat embellishment was made using a stamp from the Very Merry stamp set. I punched out the middle of the stamp using a 1-inch paper punch and popped it up on a 1 1/4-inch circle with dimensional adhesive. I popped the two circles up on a scalloped circle with dimensional adhesive and glued the whole thing down with strong double-sided tape.

Here's a couple of close-ups:



I ended up making 11 of these boxes for the kids' teachers. They are just the right size for cookies and fudge.

Hope you enjoyed my little pop-up treat boxes. Leave me a comment to be entered in my give away that I'll be conducting on 12/12/12. (The winner will receive a Capture the Date stamp set and a Chocolate Exclusive Ink dye ink pad!)

Hop on over to From My Bungalow and see the lovely project created by my talented friend, Lynn Darda.



3 comments:

  1. Super cute ... I've not seen this box in a finished form yet. I like how you list instructions and stress the need for good strong adhesives when creating dimensionals. TFS.
    So nice catching up with your blog this morning! All kinds of inpsiration going on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Like Marg, I had not seen this box yet, so it was fun to see it with all the directions. Thanks for doing such a great job of inspiring throughout this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ladies are so right!! Kim these are fantastic. I absolutely love this pop up box, your papers & inking! I love your extra tips for assembly too :) I can't wait to hop around more

    ReplyDelete